Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Eternal Flame


The fire burning behind the eyelids of her closed heart can be felt from here. Its flames stretch all the way around the universe, twice; once for her and once for me. The excess oxygen provides a certainty; this flame will burn forever. The eternal nature of this flame is so significantly different to the nature of past eruptions; those were just momentary bursts of joy. A future, eternally bonded and unplanned, can be seen through eyes uncorrupted by love. Sadly, I do not have the privilege to say that I possess those. And, to warm my heart, I wish to say that she does not have them on her person either. Both our visions are blurry; we are each other’s glasses, desperately in need of each other. To reassure this primary theory, she wrote notes, and in them, her subconscious affection spewed out of her relentlessly. Poetic thoughts wander her mind; I finally found myself a poet.

No comments:

Post a Comment