Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Become the Rain

I write so calmly to soothe my soul, to ease this pain,
To calm the storm inside my mind, to end this suffering,
To express the depths of my love, to show her bliss,
To wake mere cattle up from a dream so unambiguous,
But most importantly, I write to become like the rain,
Falling down on everyone, every single individual, offering,
Them a poetic moisture equivalent to that of a sweet midnight kiss.
A kiss so delicate between two persons contiguous.
The words I write fill blank pages with far more meaning,
That anyone could ever grasp, for each noun is chosen carefully,
Each adjective is picked with a purpose, and each verb is planted to perfectly describe,
Every event taking place around me. Furthermore, for me, writing is a way of cleaning,
And cleansing my mind of thoughts that keep scaring me;

Thoughts that don't belong in my artistic tribe.

No comments:

Post a Comment